Where you come for your share of Puppy fun!

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Frankie Update #3

Oh my goodness! I can't believe that I forgot to post about this!

Unlike here in the states where you are never allowed to see your dog while they are in training, in the UK they have a visit day. I can only imagine that this is because they don't have a graduation ceremony where you can see your puppy one more time before they official enter the working world.

Well, we were hoping that what I have come to term "Frankie Day" would come before I went state-side for the summer. Unfortunately this didn't happen. Was I disappointed? You betcha! I adore Frankie so much that I was sad that I missed the opportunity to see him strut his stuff in harness. But, since I knew there was always a possibility of this happening, he and I had a good talk before he left on his last visit to my house. I told him that I loved him and that I knew he was going to make me so proud. So, I've come to terms with the fact that I will most likely never see Frankie again. Teary eyed? Yes, but he such a good boy and well on his way to learning how to change someone's life forever.

Anyway, the point of this post is not to make me sad. It's to tell you all about "Frankie Day"!

His main walkers went down to Forfar about two...maybe three weeks ago now to see him. They say that he's doing awesome! (Was there really ever any doubt?) His trainer absolutely LOVES him and says that he is doing well. She said that since he came up with the big German Shepherd he is the only one who will stand up to him and take him on while they are on free runs.

If all continued to go well he should have transferred over to his "big city" training center either by now or within the next week. I knew he would make me proud!
Frankie in his training harness. Fun Fact: In Scotland the dogs in training wear brown harnesses while the fully qualified Guide Dogs wear white harnesses.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The pups and I love to hear from our readers!