Where you come for your share of Puppy fun!

Friday, December 31, 2010

A Flashback on 2010

As today is the last day of 2010 I thought I would give a review of my and my puppies' lives over the past year.

January: I turned 18!!! WOOT! Arwen turns 8 on January 2, 2010. Rocco was born on January 20, 2010 (though I didn't know I was getting him at that time). Got a shock when I was told that Freya was most likely on the January recall and that she would be going to the Oregon campus. I was really relieved when I found out that she wasn't on the January recall. Turned in all of my college applications to the US. Amici gets off the puppy truck.

February: I had to say good bye to my Darling Little Girl on February 20, 2010. Turned in my UK University applications. Belle had her last litter for GDB on February 2, 2010 and I started pressuring my dad to let me raise again in hopes that I would get the little yellow male, Epic. Kendrick gets off the puppy truck a week or so before Freya's turn in date.

March: Found out I was rejected from Princeton. Puppy sat Tomales, Townsend, Royalty, and Rockford all in one month. Finally convinced my dad to let me co-raise a puppy with Mary.

April: Decided to get a puppy earlier than planned because the puppy kennels were filled to the brim. Found out we were getting a 12 week old male yellow lab from the Atrus/Peach litter. Welcomed little (or should I say giant) Rocco into the family on April 10, 2010. Found out I was rejected from Northwestern. Was accepted to Ekerd, Wake Forest, and Sarah Lawrence. Wait listed at Colby.

May: Found out that Freya was due to graduate as a Guide on May 29, 2010. I honestly never thought I would see the day. Met her amazing new partner and handed off her harness. Freya meets her brother Rocco. Graduated from High School on May 22, 2010. Started as Student Director for the school play Seussical the Musical.

June: Rocco and I go to my mom's house for her birthday and we go to Huntington Gardens. I believe this is the month that Rocco finally stopped throwing up at night. Rocco is legal this month in the first week. Found out I was accepted to University of Aberdeen in Scotland. Townsend is Career Changed.

July: Rocco and I got to a Grizzles ball game for the 4th of July and Rocco proves himself as a wonderful puppy. We got stuck going right by the fire works as they started going off (we tried very hard to get to the car, but it didn't work). While I was freaking out (honestly don't know why GDB allows me to puppy raise because I hate loud noises), Rocco leads me to the side and looks at me as if to say, "Momma, they're just fireworks." We get ready for Fun Day. Lance is handed out at Fun Day and Rocco gets to meet his little brother.

August: Rocco takes a Ferry Ride to San Fransisco and meets his other older brother (besides Colorado) Harvard and his partner. Along with two other guides and their partners. Rocco and I have to deal with the fact that no one in our group will be able to take him so we start preparing ourselves to never see each other again. Find out he's being transferred to Visalia with his brother Rocky! Erin is happy.

September: Rocco is transferred on September 13, 2010. I head off for Scotland on September 17, 2010 and start my classes at University. Winston goes off for formal training and his raiser gets married.

October: Freya turns 2! Colorado goes off for formal training and Tomales is Career Changed. Colorado is Career Changed a week into training for elbow dysplasia and is in consideration for D4D. D4D decides not to take him and he comes home as a pet. I continue to get reports that Rocco is doing well with his new raiser. I get really homesick and almost consider going home.

November: Royalty goes off for breeder evals but is Career Changed soon after for hip dysplasia. First year in 18 years that I do not celebrate Thanksgiving. Have a realization about what I want to do with my life but decide not to leave Aberdeen because I realized I love it there.

December: Find out that Winston is going to graduate on December 11, 2010. I leave Aberdeen on the 10 so that I can make it to his graduation. I get to meet one of our newest puppies, Luther, and see Katlynn again. I get Rocco back for a month. I get to meet the other two new puppies Pauli and Danvers.

That's pretty much the entirety of my year. Hopefully 2011 will be just as wonderful and has the same amount of ups and downs. Otherwise it would be boring right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The pups and I love to hear from our readers!