Where you come for your share of Puppy fun!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Update

Alright, I know I haven't been posting all that much but as I've said before, it isn't easy to come up with posts for a puppy raising blog when you do not currently have a puppy in training. But rest assured that Hilly and I are both still alive and well.

Hilly, in fact, has blossomed as a Career Changed puppy. I am a little mad at her because as of right now (the weekend of her initial recall) she's totally ready to go in for training. I'm a little mad at myself too because I wish I could turn back time to our last eval with Jim and say, "Give me one more week with her and I promise you she'll be ready for training!" Ah, well. Can't turn back time so I suppose I shouldn't spend time dwelling on it. I'm just glad that as soon as I'm home for good she and I can start therapy work. If you haven't checked out Hilly's Blog you really should. She's showing you guys of the new tricks she's learned since being released form the program. I've also applied for her to be a GDB Pet Ambassador so that I could possibly take her when I do my talks about what it's like to be a puppy raiser. Unfortunately the scarf hasn't come in yet so I doubt it'll arrive before I leave.

Speaking of which, today is my last full day with Hilly. I leave for LA tomorrow afternoon and then my plane leave Wednesday evening. I plan to make this last day count because I'm still not sure if I'm coming home for winter break or not (plane tickets are expensive ya know). 

That brings me to Puppy Raising while in Scotland. I'm still on the fence about it. I have a list of questions that need to be answered before I even consider turning in an application. Then I know that I don't want to have a puppy until at least spring break. But, I am going down to the training center in Forfar on September 17. I'll be able to ask all my questions there and take a tour and have a lot of fun seeing how things are done in the UK. I'm sure I'll see a litter of German Shepherd puppies and that'll be the end for me. I'll be hooked and sign up right then and there. Haha!

Well, that's all for now! Hope everyone is enjoying their end of summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The pups and I love to hear from our readers!