Where you come for your share of Puppy fun!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012


Well, the title says it all. I've had to postpone getting my Little I. *sad face*

It's not because of the doubts I was having involving my social life. In fact, there wasn't much I could do to stop it. You see, I was due for minor surgery back at the end of February. Unfortunately, there was a bit of miscommunication between my GP and the dermatology clinic. When I got there they said that it would take five to six months for them to get me the surgery. I agreed to this because I was thinking that in five or six months the puppy would be between seven and eight months old and I wouldn't have to carry him/her (this was before I knew about Little I) outside to go potty or to the vet or bend down to clean up accidents on the floor or pick up accidents on walks. Well, I got a letter on Saturday telling me that my surgery date had been moved up.

I was happy, but the surgery date was just five days after Little I was suppose to get here. I thought about it for four days and finally decided to do what's best for my Little I. I would get him and then immediately have to ship him off to a sitter for a month. Then when I got him back it would only be a week until the week of finals. That's when I was going to ask for a sitter for the week anyway. So, in the two months that I would have Little I, the pup would only be with me for two weeks.

I really wish it didn't have to be this way. But I know that it's what is best for my Little I.

I do know why GDB back home doesn't give up the name of our puppy before they get here though. It was so much harder for me to make this decision because I knew who I was getting. I'm so attached to this puppy already and it hasn't even come home to me yet. I was getting Little I all of these toys and a new bed and some new blankets. I'm so sad that I can't have him anymore.

Now, with me telling you his gender, I can tell you who would have won the Name Game out of the people who have put in guesses. I was going to receive a Male Yellow Golden/Lab cross (1/4 lab and 3/4 golden) named:


So far Ashley would have won with 2 points.

Well, that's all for now. I should know in another month and a half what my new puppy assignment is and as soon as I know you will all know. I'm missing my Indie already, but I know he'll be happier with a raiser who doesn't have to send him to the sitters right away. And, now, I'm for sure able to have a baby because it'll be summer when I get one.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about the postponement. What a tough decision you had to make, but I think you did what was best, even though it isn't much fun. I hope your surgery goes smoothly and that the next month and a half will go by in the blink of an eye.

    It was fun seeing your post on the GDB blog--how cool is that!

    Hugs to you, Erin.


The pups and I love to hear from our readers!