Where you come for your share of Puppy fun!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fun Day 2011 (Part One - Hotel)

Believe it or not, I started this post a few times, but blogger has been in a poopy mood so whenever I tried to add more than one picture at a time it would close down. Oh well. The pictures are up now and I can tell you about our Fun Day. For thos of you who don't know this, the Fun Day theme for this year was "Rockin' Rovers". Basically, it was a 50's theme day. Lucky for me I had poodle skirts around. Unfortunately for Hilly (or possibly fortunately) the poodle skirt I had was originally for Freya for Halloween. To make it fit Freya we had to tear out the seam a little. To make it fit Hilly properly I would have had to sew the seam back together. Too much work for me, so I decided that we wouldn't be wearing out poodle skirts and bobby socks.

Our Fun Day weekend started on Friday when we loaded up the big car with Lance, Hilly, Snyder, and their respective raisers and met up with Schroeder and Stuart and Schroeder's raisers (who took Stuart for the weekend too) and drove to San Rafael early in the A.M. Lance's and Schroeder's raisers were doing Follow a Trainer. Meanwhile, Snyder's raiser and myself went for ice cream. (YAY! for ice cream!) Then we checked into our hotel. I have to tell you this story.

Hilly and I were rooming with Lance and his raisers. After we set up our room and settled in we decided to let the dogs play just a little. They were playing for all of 5 minutes when we got a phone call from the front desk. "The people below you have called twice to complain about the noise..." Alright, bear in mind that this was four in the afternoon, the had only been playing for five minutes, and they weren't jumping, running, or rolling on the floor. And yet, the people below us (who were on the second floor of a three floor hotel) had called TWICE to complain. We decided that we wouldn't try and settle things because we weren't going to make these dogs stand perfectly still all weekend. I went down to the front desk and sorted it. It did mean that we had to switch rooms (which meant moving both dogs, both crates, and all our bags) but it also meant a box of chocolates because we had been so understanding and pleasant about the whole thing (I like to think it was my negotiating skills).


(A picture of Hilly and Lance finally getting to play in our new room)

After that we didn't have any problems in the hotel. In fact they were quite pleasant to us because of how politely we handled the situation. It just goes to show you, you do catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The pups and I love to hear from our readers!