Where you come for your share of Puppy fun!

Monday, January 9, 2012

A Puppy Sit

Well, before anyone gets excited, I didn't puppy sit a GDB puppy. My friend asked me a few days before the 4th if I would be able to watch his puppy Qualia for the afternoon. It was his first day back at work and no one was going to be in the house so she'd have to be in the crate from nine to five. We couldn't have that, so I said I definitely could. It helps a lot that I adore Qualia. *grin*

Qualia is an eleven month old husky mix puppy. I can't remember her other half, but she's definitely as hyper as any husky puppy I've ever met. But she did very well considering that it was her first time at my flat. She knows me though, so that might have had something to do with how well she did.

We walked from my friend's house to my flat which is about fifteen minutes. That didn't tire her out though! Haha! She spent a good half an hour sniffing around the whole place until she decided that the nylabone I have was good enough to chew on. She also really like playing tug. My brother was visiting at the time so she'd pick up the rope and "bludgeon" my brother with it. That's his word, not mine. But it is a very accurate word. She flung it at him. It was adorable...or it would have been if we weren't  both trying to study. Haha! I finally figured out how to keep her entertained for more than a few minutes. I opened the window and let her stare out at the world. She thought it was great!

Then she finally let it be known that she needed a walk. How did she do this you ask? Well, she decided to run around my flat (which isn't so big at all) leap onto the couch then leap onto the chair then back to the couch then back to the chair. Now, my brother was laying on the couch and I was sitting on the chair. So that meant when she jumped onto the couch and ran her body along it she was really pouncing on my brother and digging her way between his body and the couch. And when she was jumping on the chair she was really hopping on my lap. So, I took her for a very long walk in the park near my flat. After that she was pretty calm.

Then it was time to say good-bye. We walked her back to her place for, what my friend calls, "her evening feed." *smile* It was so nice to have a dog about the house, even if it was an over hyper one. I think my brother enjoyed it too seeing as he really wants a dog, but knows he can't have one at the moment.

Hoping for a GDB puppy soon! I'll keep you posted. Below are pictures of Qualia. By the way, Qualia! Wouldn't that be a GREAT name for a Guide Dog Puppy!? Qualia is a term used in philosophy to describe raw feelings about conscious experiences. Such a great name.
Qualia wearing the tie down...well she was pouncing on my brother.
Qualia smiling
Qualia looking out of the window

Qualia's goofy grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The pups and I love to hear from our readers!