Where you come for your share of Puppy fun!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gorgeous Dog

Today I saw the most amazing picture today while reading a wonderful story.

It was posted on the GDB UK facebook fan page and I read it right after I was out of class this afternoon (I might have found it in class, but let's not get into that subject shall we). It's all about a guy who is retiring his...fifth Guide Dog and starting with his sixth. It's really a touching story about the relationship that is formed between handler and Guide.

What really caught my eye was a picture of his second guide dog who was a German Shepherd/Golden Retriever cross. He was such a beautiful dog! Now I really want one of those, though I imagine that that colouring with that coat shape is very rare.

Here's the link.

3 comments:

  1. you should read Hector's blog, he's a shepherd/golden cross, too. :) http://puppyhector.weebly.com/index.html

    Also, that black lab in the first picture is gigantic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Offa is GORGEOUS!!!!! I saw a dog like that at a dog walk-a-thon but thought it was purebred. I was really bummed that GDB in the U.S. didn't raise German Shepherds. I might move to the U.K When I get older. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddie, we use to use German Shepherds but that last litters were born in...'06 or '07. I was bummed too when I realised we didn't use them anymore.

    ReplyDelete

The pups and I love to hear from our readers!