Where you come for your share of Puppy fun!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

February: Retinitis Pigmentosa

I totally forgot to put my fact up yesterday so you're getting two today.

Retinitis Pigemntosa Fact #12&13

I've already said that night blindness is a common first symptom of RP. The way that this can become apparent is that some people might noticed that it takes a long time for their eyes to adjust when going from a well lit area to a dimly lit area.

We've also established that tunnel vision occurs as the peripheral vision narrows and is the most common form of RP. There is, however, a form of RP where the vision loss starts at the centre and moves its way out (macular dystrophy). This interferes with things like reading and writing and other detailed work that other with RP are still able to do. (It is also the form of RP that I would want the least)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The pups and I love to hear from our readers!