Where you come for your share of Puppy fun!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February:Retinitis Pigmentosa

So, I was asked by Elijah who is raising CCI Dembre if I was learning about different causes of blindness in school. The answer to that Elijah is not right now. Someday, that might be a lot of fun. Right now though I'm just doing a study on RP because February is RP awareness month.

Retinitis Pigmentosa Fact #22

We already know that there are different gene mutations that can cause RP, but the disease can evolve differently in patients that have the exact same gene mutation. (source)

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting! I haven't really studied many causes for blindness. I am trying to learn as much as I can about common physical and cognitive disabilities. I want to be able to confidently talk about how assistance dogs help people and be able to communicate effectively with CCI graduates. Thanks for the answer.

    Elijah (& Dembre)

    ReplyDelete

The pups and I love to hear from our readers!