Where you come for your share of Puppy fun!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

February: Retinitis Pigmentosa

Alright, so I've had a busy couple of days and haven't posted a fact for 2 days. So, as always, you will be getting today's fact along with the 2 I missed. :) I also realise that I haven't been citing where I have been getting my facts just in case people are interested and want to learn more. Just to be clear though, none of the facts came from my own brain but from other people's studies.

Retinitis Pigmentosa Facts #15-17

RP is generally an isolated problem that deals only with the retina. However, in some cases RP is linked to hearing loss as well. Patients with this generally have what is called "Usher Syndrome".

There is no known cure for RP and no known treatment that will stop the vision loss. (source for these first two facts)

RP generally effects 1 out of 4,000 people. (source)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The pups and I love to hear from our readers!