Where you come for your share of Puppy fun!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Extensive Crate Training

Hey everyone. I hope your weekend is just as relaxing as mine. Actually I hope it's more relaxing because I worked yesterday.

I used to work at a Denny's and let me tell any of you high schoolers who are looking for a summer job, don't do it. Especially if you're a hostess. If you're a waitress you'd probably have a better experience than I did. Anyway, that was the last official job I held. I babysat here and there, but I was a hostess. Yesterday I got the chance to be a "hostess" again.

I was offered 6 hours of work at Playland/Storyland. This is a local kids amusement park. Playland has all the rides and Storyland is basically a life size version of a pop up fairy tale book. It's pretty cool, but it was cooler when I was a kid and the city still cared about keeping it clean and good looking. Anyway, my job to be a birthday helper. I basically cater to the mom and cleaned up the mess that the young children left. I was going to take Rocco and just leave him in his crate in the office, but he started to have his bad tummy and I didn't want anything to happen. Plus when I got there I realized that there was no room in that office to hold his crate. So, since I decided not to take him for fear of him having diarrhea in the crate as I was passing out pizza and Mary couldn't take him because she was working with another dog in our group who is having issues. She took him down to see Judy who, if you remember, is really good at fixing problems and finding out why the dog is having his/her problem. Anyway, the only person left to watch Rocco was my dad.

I don't think he minded. I think he likes Rocco better than Freya mostly because he tired out. Freya was what we like to call "aggressively curious." Rocco's really mellow so my dad can keep up with him. But he had to stay in the crate pretty much all day. I told my dad how to work the citronella collar and when to spray him. I also left his lunch out (yes he's still having lunch until we fix his bad tummy) and asked him to take him out to go to the bathroom at noon and then at 2. Rocco apparently did amazing. He didn't whine in his crate and he did very good on the tie down for my dad and he was even allowed outside to play. I'm so proud of him. He didn't even whine we I had to put him in his crate for another 30 minutes when I took my dad Arwen for a walk. I'm so very, very proud of Mister Rocco D'Angelo. Looks like my whinny boy might actually be able to become a Mob King after all.

Graduation Checklist:
Order Photo Book (check)
Order Kong and Dental Dino (check)
Fix Camera (still need to do)
Find Grad outfit (need to do)
Get really dark sunglasses (need to do)
write down what I'm going to say (need to do)

I still don't know where she'll be working, but I should know within the next few days. As soon as I know you guys will know.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you - getting to go to graduation! I've always wanted to do that - hope to with Toby... :)
    Glad to hear Rocco is doing good, hope his tummy is feeling better!

    Toby's Raiser

    ReplyDelete

The pups and I love to hear from our readers!