Where you come for your share of Puppy fun!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Just a Normal Day

Hey all! Rocco and I had a very normal day today. Well, I little more than normal. I slept in until 6:20! Rocco didn't whine at all. Not even when I started to roll around and shoved pillows over my head in hopes that I could get back to sleep. Finally I admitted defeat and looked over at the kennel. Rocco was staring right at me. And he wasn't making peep! Woohoo! I think we've made a break through. Then we did our normal routine. I took him out to go potty, shoved a pepcidAC down his throat, started his breakfast, then I had to go do my business. I have the bladder of a squirrel. Then I fed the dogs breakfast and ate my own cereal. It took me forever to get going but eventually I got up and dressed for my morning walk. Rocco had his two mile walk and then Arwen had her two mile walk and then I collapsed back on the sofa. I just couldn't seem to wake up this morning. I knew I was going to have trouble today, but I didn't think it would be that much trouble. I showered and dressed about 2:00pm and finally got ready to go to the store as I had been planning all morning. Just as we were getting ready to leave at 3:15 I realized that I had forgotten that Rocco was still on 3 meals a day!!!! The poor puppy was sitting there waiting for his lunch 2 hours and 15 minutes later than normal. But he wasn't whining or anything. I still felt bad though. We finally made it to the store. He was a real stinker the entire time. He kept pulling and randomly he would slow down and would want to walk fast. Such a problem child. Then we did some basic obedience. He's doing a lot better on down now than he was even yesterday. And now after his second half of pepcidAC and dinner we're just sitting here watching TV. I made some new "cookies" I guess you could call them. They're called Chocolate Crack, and yes, I know that there is negative connotation to the word "crack" but in this case it refers to the fact that it's made with graham crackers. I got it from a book and I'm not about to change the name. Though there might be another reason for the word too. I've already had two big chunks and I want to go back for more. It's quite addicting. Rocco was the best kitchen helper ever. He just lied on the kitchen floor and watched me. He didn't even budge when an egg dropped. We also have some exciting news. Our vegetable garden is starting to produce vegetables. Tomorrow we're going to have to tie up the tomato plants and the bell pepper. The litter pepper is too heavy and the whole plant is on its side. :)

I'm not going to lie. I have cried a few times today. I keep thinking about our last good-bye and how she looked at me with her all knowing eyes and then looked up to her partner. Then I think about how they're travelling back to Alabama today. It's her first airplane trip and I'm hoping everything went smoothly. I'm thinking about sending them an email tomorrow just to make sure that all is well.

Hopefully tomorrow will be easier,
~Raiser Erin and Rocco

No comments:

Post a Comment

The pups and I love to hear from our readers!