Where you come for your share of Puppy fun!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

November 7: Nothing to do with GDB

So, I recently had a conversation with my father about how Arwen is getting on without me. He said that she was depressed for about two weeks and now she's over it and is just a grumpy old woman. I'm not too sure how much I believe that. Now here's why;

For those of you who have ever owned a Golden Retriever you know that they get particularly attached to one person. I am Arwen's person. There's no getting around it. She loves everyone, but at the end of the day I'm definitely her person. I know my family would disagree to this but that's just because they're jealous that the pretty girl chose me. I mean, I've been walking, feeding, watering, bathing, and everything else her since she was 2. She is know 8. She's been sleeping with me since she was 8 weeks old (Arwen was by far the easiest puppy we've ever house trained). so for basically 8 years we've been inseparable until this point. She was never what I would call a "grumpy" dog even with the PITs. But she is now. I only assume that this is because her girl is gone and she just doesn't care anymore. I'm sure my dad and step-mom are talking her for a walk everyday, but she's a fast walker, much like myself, and to be truely exercised she needs to be walked at that pace. I don't know.

What are your feelings on this? Do you think she just misses me and is grumpy because I'm gone or am I being to conceited?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The pups and I love to hear from our readers!