Where you come for your share of Puppy fun!

Friday, August 20, 2010

7 Things at 7 Months

Hey all of my blogging friends! Can you believe that I am 7 months old today? Momma can't either. She says that I'm just too big and that I need to go back to being a little puppy. She even says that at Puppy Meetings in front of all of my friends. She's so embarrassing sometimes. She's grabs my jowls and calls me Buddy Boy in front of everyone! Doesn't she know that I'm 7 months old!? I mean, I'm 60 lbs now. And I'm getting fixed on Monday. I'm not too sure what that is, but Momma says it's my first step into adulthood. So why does she still treat me like a little pup? Parents right?

Anyway, Momma said that I had to get this up before we leave in an hour or so for camping. Grandma and Momma are taking me camping to celebrate my 7 month day and my first step into adulthood. Pretty Cool huh? So, as always here is my list of those things I've been doing the past month.

My 7 Best Traits and Commands:
1. Momma says that I'm getting so good at puppy "push-ups". I think I'm really getting the hang of them too. They're kind of fun when get right down to it.
2. I am generally off leash in the house now. Momma says that I'm so good at not picking up stuff off the floor. Only when she wants to keep an extra close eye on me does Momma put me on my long drag line in the house.
3. I no longer bark or whine in my crate or on walks. I'm pretty proud of myself. Momma taught me to talk to her and to other people using facial expressions and body language instead of my voice. Now I only bark when Auntie Arwen and I are playing hard. Momma says that's fine because Auntie Arwen's very vocal too.
4. I still really like to cuddle. Hey! I might be all grown up, but sometimes a guy just needs his Momma to hold him.
5. My "That's Enough" is improving (Momma didn't think that was possible because she's always said that I was so good at it). Now when she says it I stop playing with Arwen and wait a full minute before playing with Auntie Arwen again.
6. My "Kennel" Command is pretty cool too! I'll go into a wire crate at any angle if both doors are open. AND Momma can tell me "Kennel" at the door to our room and I'll go into the kennel instead on trying to trick her by going towards the kennel and then laying down on my bed. It helps that she finally got me a bigger kennel.
7. Momma says I'm really FUN! She says I'm such a goober and a goofball and I can always make her laugh. I don't really know what a goober is, but since it makes Momma happy I'm glad I'm one of them.

My 7 Things that I Need to Work on:
1. I still get really excited when people pet me and love on me. I try really hard not too and Momma says I haven't been jumping on people as much and I don't really jump up on furniture to get to people anymore, but I still get too excited.
2. Momma says I've gotten really stubborn about somethings. Like if she wants to to come to her I won't come unless she uses the command. Momma says that I should be so stubborn because she doesn't like the teenage stage, but what I can do. I am what I is.
3. Momma says that I've picked up this new habit of hackling with I see other dogs who want to play with me when we're walking. She said it was fine when it was just in the backyard, but now she says I'm not allowed to do it out on walks or in the house and she's decided that when I do it with Arwen she's going to make me stop playing. Is it my fault I get so excited?
4. I still lick everything! I can't help it, I'm just curious.
5. Sometimes I can play too rough and not realize it. Auntie Arwen is helping me with this by scolding me when I'm too rough with her. Momma also says this will cool down with my fixing. Gosh I wish I knew what it is!
6. I pull too hard on the leash. Momma says she would like nothing more than to get a training collar for me. Again, I'm just curious about the world around me.
7. Those little dogs still get me. They're just so interesting.

My 7 Favourite Things:
1. Jollyball
2. Food
3. Snuggling
4. Playing with Momma
5. Hide and Seek with Momma and Auntie Arwen and Lilly
6. Puppy Meetings
7. Having my belly rubbed

That's all for this month. And with that I have some very sad news. This will probably be my last Month Day Post. Momma told me that she's going away for a while and that I'm going to go live with someone else. I'm very sad, but she says that I'm going to have soooo much fun. I'm being transferred to the Visalia group and guess who else was just transferred there! My brother Rocky! It'll be fun to see him again, but I really wish Momma didn't have to leave. She says she'll hopefully see me at Christmas. I'm leaving to go with my new person on the September 12 or 13 or 14. We haven't quite decided yet. I'm gonna miss Momma, but I know I'll see her again. And don't worry, I'll keep you guys updated on how I'm doing.

That's all for now!
~Rocco

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh! I knew that you were going away to school, but I didn't realize that Rocco wasn't going with you. Someone is going to be very lucky to get to finish raising Rocco, though. You've done a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm going to Scotland. I tried to get them to allow me to take Rocco, but Guide Dogs said no. :( Hopefully I'll be able to see him when I get home for winter break.

    ReplyDelete

The pups and I love to hear from our readers!