Where you come for your share of Puppy fun!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Snip Snip

So as you know Rocco lost his boys yesterday. Yes, yes, he was snipped. I dropped him off at the vet's office at 7:45 yesterday morning. I don't think the poor boy knew what he was in for, because he was just so happy to see everyone there. While I was there I ran into my old boss at ARF (Animal Rescue of Fresno) and I got to catch up with her. She told me I should go back, but I'm still not sure. I love the animals there and I loved seeing them adopted out, but I'm not sure if I'll go back and volunteer. Anyway, I spent the day worrying about how he was doing and then I got a call from Mary. She told me Allyson (Rockford's raisers are vets and they do the neutering for us) had been to visit him and he was doing just fine. I was so relieved to hear he was moving and doing fine. I was sure that Dr. K would do a great job, but still...he's my baby boy you know. Anyway when I picked him up he wouldn't speak to me. He just laid in the car and he didn't respond to his name or anything. Finally he looked at me once when I called his name and he gave me this look that could freeze hell (excuse the language but that's really what it looked like). I think he's over it now, but he wasn't too happy with me yesterday.

The Cone of Shame.
I do not like the cone of shame.
He's favouring the fleece toy right now. And he's doing great with it so I'm letting him have it because I want him to be comfy.
Do you see his shave mark?

He has a little time out of the E-collar. He won't go potty or eat with it on so I figure that I'd let him have it off while I was watching him.
Since I'm paranoid, Rocco is basically on house arrest until our optional meeting this Thursday. He's not happy about it, but I'd rather not have to spend the rest of our time together when he has an infection or something like that.
"Every guy eventually looses his balls." ~Marley & Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

The pups and I love to hear from our readers!