Where you come for your share of Puppy fun!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hi Blogging Friends. It's Rocco and guess what! I am 6 months old today. That's right. I'm a whole half a year old today. Did you know that Momma's birthday and my birthday are only 3 days apart? So her half birthday is on Friday. Isn't that cool? Anyway, just like on my 5 month day I am going to give 6 things that I am amazing at, 6 things I still need to work on, and 6 of my favourite things in the whole world.

Six of My Best Traits:
1. My "That's Enough" command is amazing! Momma says that it's the best she's seen in a puppy.
2. I get really excited when my jacket is on. Momma says it's a good thing I love having my jacket put on me because it means I love to go out. Well, of course I do! People pay attention to me and tell me that I'm such a good puppy when I'm out.
3. My "stay" is pretty amazing.
4. I'm a cuddle bug. Or, at least that's what Momma says. Can I help it if I love to lay on her lap if she's on the floor with me?
5. I'll sit whenever she tells me to do so. I mean whenever. No matter where I am if she says "sit" I'll sit.
6. I don't bark or whine at all in my kennel anymore. In fact, I kind of like my kennel now.

Six Things I Need to Work on:
1. Down. I'm getting a whole lot better at it, but Momma says that I need to go straight from sit do down. I can't move over to be right next to her when she tells me "down."
2. Puppy Push Ups. I am getting better about these too, but I just don't like having to get up from the comfortable ground back into a sit all the time.
3. Cats. I'm not supposed to chase them but I really, really want to.
4. Little dogs. Momma says I'm pretty distracted by little dogs on our walks. I'm also keeping focus around them more, but really! How is the thing that's the size of my ear a dog!?
5. Rolling Trash Cans. Contrary to popular belief I am not scared of those things. They just look like so much fun to chase! But, I'm not suppose to.
6. Licking. Momma says I should lick everything I see, but I can't help it.

Six of my Favourite Things in the World:
1. My kong! I love my kong because it's fun to chew on and it'll bounce any direction.
2. My jolly-ball. A ball and a rope in one! What more is there to say?
3. My bed. I absolutely love my bed in Momma's room. It's nice and soft and it smells like me! But Momma says that she has to wash the cover soon.
4. My wishbone. That thing is so much fun to chew on.
5. Scooby Doo. You may find this funny, but whenever Scooby Doo is on I'll settle down and watch TV with Momma.
6. Food. What lab doesn't like food? But I really, really like it.

Now for your entertainment, here are some pictures of me in my new Big Boy Collar. Momma put it on my this morning after our walk and breakfast.
A nice close up of it on me.
I know I don't look happy, but that's only because Momma kept taking pictures of me.

A super close up.

It itched a little when she first put it on, but I really like it.

Momma says I'm a handsome boy.
Do I look grown up?
If you look real close you can see my ID number, 4Y13.
I think it looks very good on me.
There's me saying good bye to my puppy collar.
I can't believe I ever fit into this little thing.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 6 months, Rocco! You look so big and grown up in your new collar. You're SO handsome.

    I liked reading your list of favorites. That's so funny about Scooby Doo :) Don also loves his jolly ball!!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

The pups and I love to hear from our readers!